Our aim is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone’s enjoyment. To maintain this standard we have implemented a code of conduct in which management reserves the right to refuse entry or remove anyone who does not respect the STRO, its staff or its policies. Anti-social behavior will not be tolerated.
On nights where the STRO is reaching capacity, management reserves the right to give students preference of entry over non students.
This is a controlled, safe and secure environment which observes the principles of the Responsible Service of Alcohol Program.
- This venue recognises that it is against the law to serve any person to intoxication.
- This venue recognises that it is against the law to serve or supply alcohol to any person under the age of 18.
- This venue recognises that it is against the law to allow intoxicated, disruptive or violent behavior to occur on premises.
- This venue seeks to ensure that no harm comes to patrons as a result of our service of alcohol.
To ensure adherence to the above this venue has adopted the following policies:
- This venue offers a range of drinks including low alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks
- This venue will not serve more than 1 nip (30 ml) in a glass
- This venue will not serve “shots”
- This venue will supply free drinking water
- This venue will not serve or allow the provision of alcohol to patrons under the age of 18
- This venue will recognise the signs of intoxication and we will refuse service to any intoxicated person and then asked to leave
- This venue will not admit, service, supply or allow the supply of alcohol to anyone who appears intoxicated
- This venue will discourage people from harming themselves or others
- This venue will not permit intoxication, fighting, abusive or obscene language or suggestions, unwelcome advances or physical contact directed at customers or staff
- This venue will remove any unattended drinks.
- If a staff member feels that a person is becoming intoxicated they will be asked to leave
- If a staff member feels that a patron has become intoxicated they will be asked to leave
- If such a patron fails to leave the Police will be called and the patron may be fined
- If a patron is excluded then by law they are to move more than 50 meters away from the premises. The patron cannot return to the venue for at least 24 hours.
- This venue will not participate in undesirable liquor promotions